These spicy roasted daikon radish fries are a surefire solution to make everybody love daikon radishes. Stuffed with scrumptious Asian flavors and caramelized to perfection, it is without doubt one of the most unusual daikon recipes.
Look, I will be completely sincere with you. whereas they might seem like French fries, they don’t seem to be, nor are they attempting to be, French fries.
they’re daikon potatoes, and we’re happy with it.
what’s a daikon radish?
- The daikon is a protracted white Asian radish that resembles a parsnip, though it’s often a lot bigger.
- barely much less spicy than small spherical radishes, they’re fairly good uncooked or pickled for a wonderful crunch in a salad.
- recent ginger
- chili paste
- tamari or soy sauce
- grapeseed oil
- French fries curry with coconut lime sauce
- excellent oven roasted fries
- chipotle parmesan smoked fries
- chile lemon purple candy potato grilled fries
- home made kimchi
- Asian pear and daikon rolls and daikon salad she paused for thought
I like the extra toasty ones drenched in candy and spicy Asian flavors, changed into daikon radish fries.
Of all of the daikon recipes I’ve tried, that is my favourite.
do not anticipate the identical texture you’d discover in a potato chip.
the roasting course of leaves these daikon radish fries with an exquisite caramelized “crust”, however they are going to be significantly softer than crisp.
oh, and I would not even consider dipping them in some form of sauce. there may be merely no want.
what’s in spicy fries with roasted daikon radish?
every one is a mouthful of scrumptious flavors.
(See recipe card under for quantities.)
are you able to overtake them?
I do not advocate making them too far upfront; you do not need them sitting out for greater than quarter-hour earlier than serving.
It is best that they are as near the time they arrive out of the oven as potential as a result of they will lose a few of their crunchiness and are already softer.
That mentioned, even once they’re softer, they’re nonetheless extremely tasty.
learn how to make them
– lower the daikon into sticks.
– Mix oil, chili paste, tamari or soy sauce, ginger, sugar, and salt. drizzle this over the daikon and blend.
– Unfold the coated daikon potatoes on a baking sheet and roast till golden brown on all sides.
– drain barely on paper towels and serve.
(Extra detailed directions are under.)
what to serve with daikon radish fries
the probabilities are actually limitless, as these fries go nice with all types of dishes.
these could be nice so as to add to an Asian-style menu, together with my crispy garlic ginger bok choy chips and miso gai lan egg drop soup.
all these flavors and textures will complement one another fantastically.
I usually serve them with Asian pear-marinated flank steak or grilled black cod with bok choy.
and including a inexperienced salad is at all times an amazing thought.
some extra of my favourite French fries recipes:
some extra daikon recipes:
within the meantime, benefit from the daikon fries.
you simply will not be capable to cease consuming them!
thanks melissa’s produces for sending me Asian merchandise that impressed this recipe and others.
In the event you attempt these fries or any of my different recipes, I might love to listen to what you assume within the feedback. You can even observe me on instagram, pinterest and fb to maintain up with my scrumptious recipes!
cooking on the weekends is a participant within the amazon companies llc Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for websites to earn promoting charges by promoting and linking to amazon.com.