Carne con Papas (Cuban Beef Stew) – A Sassy Spoon
In case you’ve been on the lookout for a tasty beef stew recipe, you have come to the correct place!
Cubans take pleasure in stews and soups any time of the 12 months. there could also be a warmth wave and you will note us having fun with the recent tail. ha!
Cuban beef stew isn’t any exception. It is a meal for any day of the week!
simply think about a wealthy and flavorful tomato-based mostly sauce, succulent cuts of meat, and child potatoes served over white rice to take in all these scrumptious juices.
Truthfully, he is the most effective!
what’s meat and potatoes?
carne con papas [pronounced kahr-neh kon pah-pahs] actually interprets to “meat and potatoes.” it’s a standard dish in lots of Latin American nations. every nation has its personal variation that they normally serve over white rice.
This Cuban beef stew isn’t any exception. it is vitally a lot a sort of Sunday dinner like arroz con pollo. the epitome of Cuban consolation meals!
This meat and potatoes recipe takes a very long time to cook dinner, but it’s fairly sensible. and your property will scent scrumptious because it cooks. properly definitely worth the wait!
let me present you how one can do it.
substances you will have
- beef stew. the most effective meat for stews! Chuck has numerous robust connective tissue, which implies that whenever you cook dinner it low and gradual, the meat turns into tremendous tender and scrumptious. by the way in which, you may get beef stew on the butcher store!
- Impartial oil. I exploit vegetable oil or canola oil. use what you’ve gotten.
- inexperienced pepper, onion, garlic. the Cuban sofrito! that is the bottom of most Cuban recipes.
- dry cooking wine. used to deglaze the pot and improve the aroma of this dish.
- Water. You do not need the stew to dry out.
- beef bouillon dice. Flip up the umami taste of this dish!
- tomato sauce. provides sweetness and acidity to this tasty dish.
- all seasoning, floor cumin, smoked paprika, bay leaf, salt, pepper. spices!
- reddish potatoes. Potatoes with meat. 😉
- different variations. Some recipes name for chopped carrots and inexperienced olives, however my household recipe requires neither. be happy so as to add them if you’d like!
- Brown the meat. In a Dutch oven, warmth 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-excessive warmth. Brown the cubed meat on all sides for about 5 minutes. reserve.
- sauté the stir-fry. add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil within the Dutch oven after which sauté the inexperienced peppers and onions till tender about 4-5 minutes. add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- deglaze the pot. add the dry cooking wine. deglaze the pot, scraping the underside of the pot with a picket spoon to get all these scrumptious bits of taste. cook dinner for about 1-2 minutes till the wine has decreased barely.
- make the sauce. add within the water, the meat bouillon dice (I prefer to squash it with my fingers earlier than including), the tomato sauce, all seasoning, the cumin, smoked paprika, bay leaves, salt and pepper to style. stir to mix. convey to a boil.
- add again the meat. cut back warmth to low and canopy with a lid. simmer 1 hour or till meat is tender. if the meat remains to be robust, cook dinner for one more hour till the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- add the potatoes. as soon as the meat is tender, add the potatoes. simmer for one more half-hour till the potatoes have softened. style and alter seasonings. serve instantly over white rice.
- meat remains to be robust after 1 hour. cook dinner for one more hour till meat is tender and sauce has thickened. relying on the standard of the meat or the warmth of your range (not all stoves are the identical), the meat might have roughly time till it’s utterly tender. use your finest judgment right here!
- Do not forget the water! You’ll want to add water as wanted so the meat would not dry out because it cooks. control it.
- use a stress cooker. if you happen to’re quick on time, you may make this recipe, begin to end, in a stress cooker in 30-45 minutes following the producer’s directions.
- within the fridge. as soon as utterly cooled, you’ll be able to retailer the meat stew in an hermetic container with a good-becoming lid and place within the fridge for 3-4 days .
- within the freezer. It’s also possible to freeze the meat stew for as much as 2 months. you’ll want to go away some area between the lid and the stew in case it expands within the freezer.
butcherbox is a service that curates packing containers of sustainable grass-fed, hormone-free, humanely raised beef, hen, pork, salmon, and seafood delivered proper to your door . I like having my field delivered on to me. there are all the time specials, like free bacon or free floor beef, you must examine them out! click on right here for extra info on the butcher field!
whenever you’re finished with this recipe, make my papas rellenas (fried stuffed potatoes)!
Searching for a floor beef recipe? make meat pies!