Study how to cook dinner butternut squash in your immediate stress cooker. Prepared very quickly, take pleasure in your completely cooked, pureed pumpkin puree with all of your favourite recipes.
new to butternut squash? try my put up all about butternut squash – how to choose, peel and put together for cooking!
immediate butternut squash
two issues I like: butternut squash and my Instant Pot.
You’ll, too, after studying how fast and simple it’s to cook dinner this formidable winter squash in lower than 25 minutes with no added oils, fat, or seasonings—except you need them, after all!
In contrast to roasting, grilling, or sautéing, the Instant Pot cooks pumpkin with steam and excessive stress. this eliminates the necessity for something additional like butter or olive oil. So in case you’re on the lookout for a easy, excellent buttery pumpkin to mash and puree, then that is the strategy for you!
use it to make muffins, soups, and even pumpkin lasagna!
want to roast your pumpkin? try my put up on how to roast butternut squash!
what you will want
First, determine if you need to cook dinner the squash lower in half, with the pores and skin nonetheless on, or peeled and diced small.
For those who plan to puree or mash, the outcomes will likely be precisely the identical whether or not you puree or puree halved or cubed pumpkin. so except you actually like to peel and chop this powerful winter fruit (sure, it is a fruit), I like to recommend reducing it in half, eradicating the seeds, and leaving the pores and skin on.
instruments and gear:
immediate pot (or electrical stress cooker)
steaming trivet (included with Instant Pot) or silicone basket
paring knife (my desire) or vegetable peeler
how lengthy does it take to cook dinner butternut squash within the immediate stress cooker?
There are two primary benefits to stress cooking winter squash. it is fast and simple. toss it in your pot, set it down, and stroll away till you hear the timer beep indicating it is completed cooking.
- halved butternut squash: excessive stress, 8-10 minutes, fast launch stress
- diced butternut squash: excessive stress, 3 minutes, fast launch stress
Nonetheless, there’s a key benefit to roasting squash versus cooking it within the Instant Pot: caramelization. sure, the deliciously caramelized, barely crispy edges that may solely be reached by sluggish roasting within the oven. sadly, roasting takes greater than double the time in contrast to cooking in your stress cooker at virtually an hour for halved squash and 25-35 minutes for the diced pumpkin. it is value it? typically. for me, this fully depends upon the day and the recipe, so I am going to allow you to be the choose.
how to cook dinner cubed butternut squash within the Instant Pot
- Place the trivet (the wire-like basket that comes together with your Instant Pot) or silicone basket (proven beneath) contained in the bowl of your Instant Pot. add 1 cup of water to the underside.
- wash the skin of the squash and dry properly.
- Use a big, sturdy knife to lower off the ends of the butternut squash. use a vegetable peeler or paring knife (I like to use my paring knife) to lower the pores and skin of the squash by holding one finish of the squash in a single hand and reducing with the vegetable peeler or paring knife within the different . all the time lower away from the physique. Scoop out the seeds and lower into small cubes.
- If you’re utilizing the wire trivet that got here with the Instant Pot, place an oven- and microwave-safe glass container straight on prime of the trivet. add cubed butternut squash to bowl. in case you are utilizing a silicone basket, add the squash cubes straight to the within of the basket.
- place the lid in your Instant Pot and change the stress valve to the sealing place.
- set your Instant Pot to guide excessive stress and cook dinner for 3 minutes. After the cook dinner time is up, change the stress valve to the vent place and launch the stress rapidly. fastidiously take away the cap. switch to a bowl and season as desired.
Good Instant Pot Pumpkin (Lower in Half)
how to serve cooked butternut squash
It is simple to love butternut squash. Extremely wholesome, pumpkin is fat-free, full of fiber, and full of vitamin A. there are one million methods to serve it.
Except you are watching your sodium consumption, I like to recommend a great pinch of salt. a little bit of salt helps convey out the pure sweetness, amplifying the flavors. serve it as a wholesome facet dish or use it with different wonderful recipes.
in case you’re wanting to add a bit additional taste with out a lot fuss, attempt:
- drizzle with maple syrup, melted butter, and floor cinnamon
- mashed candy potatoes, tahini and lemon juice
- pureee with a bit coconut milk, hen broth or vegetable broth for a scrumptious, wholesome and creamy immediate pumpkin soup (really easy when utilizing an immersion blender!)
- sneak into oatmeal, dips, or smoothies
or take pleasure in it neat, by the spoonful.
Helpful Pumpkin Recipes and Tutorials
spaghetti squash; how to cook dinner spaghetti squash
how to roast an acorn squash
what’s kabocha squash (Japanese squash)
how to roast butternut squash
For those who attempt making one in all these pumpkin recipes, please depart a remark and let me know. I all the time love listening to your ideas.
extra pumpkin recipes,
simple immediate risotto with pumpkin
pork chops with apples and pumpkin
vegetarian pumpkin chili
how to make the perfect pumpkin soup recipe
simple recipe for hen and pumpkin with mushrooms
keep in mind to pin and share how to cook dinner butternut squash within the Instant Pot and use it in all of your favourite butternut squash recipes.
Bear in mind to join the forked spoon publication without cost and get weekly recipe notifications delivered straight to your inbox!