Spicy pork bulgogi rice bowl is a very easy as well as scrumptious dish made with Korea’s trademark spicy pork barbeque mix fry as well as warm fit to be tied rice. The barbeque pork is covered with addictively spicy sauce as well as it makes certain to please any individual that enjoys spicy food.
Oriental spicy pork as well as my family members’s fascination
My hubby’s fascination concerning Oriental spicy pork barbeque is clear. (I have actually discussed it occasionally on my blog site for many years.) Lengthy tale short, this is one dish he made use of to obtain virtually each and every single evening when he was an ESL instructor in Korea. As well as his routine as well as fascination really did not wane when he returned to Australia.
This normally pressures (I make certain this is the best word, Cough) me to make even more spicy pork for him and also consequently, I end up being much more imaginative with my Oriental spicy pork dish. Advantage, I think?
Oriental spicy pork has several names under its belt. Among several, (Spicy) Pork bulgogi, Dwaeji Bulgogi (돼지불고기), Gochujang Bulgogi (고추장 불고기) as well as Jeyuk Bokkeum (제육볶음) are all popular names.
In situation, you do not identify a few of these Oriental words, Dwaeji ( 돼지) = Jeyuk (제육) = Pork as well as Gochujang (고추장) = Oriental chilli paste.
Additionally, in situation you’re asking yourself (due to the fact that I understand you will certainly ask me if I do not state below), it’s not extremely typical to make spicy beef bulgogi. I’m not claiming it can not be done. it’s simply not typical in Korea.
Similarly, it’s not typical to have non-spicy pork bulgogi. That’s simply exactly how it is.
There are several points I enjoy concerning my spicy pork bulgogi rice bowl
To Start With, it’s spicy! Well, you could not discover the spiciness in your very first bite due to the fact that the sauce is likewise greatly sugar layered (also known as grated apple as well as honey), however quickly sufficient it expands in you. However it’s so darn addicting! Your chopsticks will certainly be so active to obtain even more of these scrumptious attacks!
2nd, this in fact connects to the very first factor. It’s spicy however likewise so scrumptious. So it makes me pleased. I indicate, seriously. I have actually reviewed sometimes that spicy food is in fact great for lowering the tension degree in numerous magazines as well as I believe it holds true! Well, a minimum of for me.
Third, this spicy pork bulgogi rice bowl is so very easy to prepare. Strive for perhaps 10 mins (prepping) as well as rest as well as unwind for half an hour (marination) after that prepare for 10 mins. Voila! It’s an excellent weeknight option! This can likewise be made in advance if you’re arranged.
4th, this bulgogi rice bowl gives a mini variation of the entire Oriental barbeque experience. Obviously, this is based upon what you would certainly offer the bowl with. However look listed below. This is exactly how I normally offer my spicy pork bulgogi rice bowl in your home nowadays.
It has rice, barbeque meat, fresh salad (cucumber, lettuce, as well as Oriental perilla leaves) all shredded as well as Oriental spicy barbeque dipping sauce, done in one bowl! Obviously, do not fail to remember the KIMCHI!
Rice Bowl Different
I make certain not everybody will certainly wish to offer this spicy pork bulgogi over rice. Perhaps you’re craving some outside BBQing rather? After that it can definitely be set up also! However my suggestion of the meat for this is pork stubborn belly!
As you see will certainly below, I made use of pork shoulder or else referred to as pork collar butt for today’s spicy pork bulgogi dish. Due to the fact that I discovered that this is far better matched for stir-frying. However if you’re mosting likely to utilize an exterior barbeque, I believe pork stubborn belly is a far better option. The additional fat in each layer makes the meat additional tender as well as scrumptious. Additionally, I definitely enjoy when the fat burns a bit as well as is charred. It offers an actually great great smoky flavour. Nobody can stand up to that!
One more method to offer is pan-frying with various other veggies. I specifically enjoy pan-frying them with Oriental perilla leaves. It includes such a wonderful scent to it. Additionally, when you include various other veggies, they shed some water, so it can water down the spiciness too. For this, inspect my various other Oriental spicy pork dish. (FYI, this dish is in fact made with pork stubborn belly. Additionally, this is a much less spicy variation contrasted to today’s dish.)
Anyhow, I wish you appreciate this spicy deliciousness!
Components for Spicy Pork Bulgogi, 4 portions
- 600g/1.3 extra pounds pork shoulder (pork collar butt), reduced right into tiny items for mix frying (* see note)
- 1 tool onion (170g/6 ounces), julienned
- Some cooking oil (I made use of rice bran oil)
- 30g/1 ounce eco-friendly onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon baked sesame seeds
Pork Bulgogi Sauce (Blend these with each other in a portable mixer or mixer)
- 100g/3.5 ounces red apple (e.g. imperial gala) or nashi pear
- 50g/1.8 ounces brownish onion
- 3 Tablespoon gochujang (Oriental chilli paste)
- 3 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoon honey (or brownish sugar)
- 2 Tablespoon gochugaru ( Oriental chilli flakes)
- 2 Tablespoon rice red wine (mirin)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon diced ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
Pork Rice Bowl Offering Recommendations
- Fit to be tied rice for 4
- 1 English cucumber, very finely cut
- 10 Lettuce leaves, very finely cut
- 10 Oriental perilla leaves, very finely cut
- Oriental spicy dipping sauce for 4 (concerning 1 tsp each)
* 1 Tablespoon = 15 ml
** If you wish to find out more concerning Oriental active ingredients, inspect my 30 vital Oriental food preparation active ingredients listing!
Exactly How to Make Pork Bulgogi
1. Marinade the meat in the sauce for a minimum of half an hour.
2. In a well-heated frying pan or frying pan prepare the marinaded meat over medium-high warmth up until the meat has to do with 70% prepared (concerning 7 to 10 minutes). Include the onion as well as chef additionally up until the meat is totally prepared. Garnish with eco-friendly onion as well as sesame seeds. Offer the meat with fit to be tied rice, fresh lettuce, as well as Oriental spicy dipping sauce.
-Pork shoulder (pork collar butt) bought from an Oriental food store is much easier to utilize because it’s even more ready for this kind of food preparation. Nevertheless, it can likewise be quickly bought from your neighborhood butcher also. It’s a preferred cut for toasting or various other sluggish food preparation. Ensure it’s skinless as well as boneless. You can also ask to very finely cut it for you for mix frying.
– I discovered that the very best dimension for the each meat is 5 cm/2 inch (size) x 2 to 3 cm/0.8 to 1.2 inch (elevation) x 0.5 cm/0.2 inch or much less (density).
Spicy Pork Bulgogi Rice Bowl
- 600 g pork shoulder( pork collar butt) reduced right into tiny items for mix frying (* see note over)
- 170 g tool onion( julienned)
- Some cooking oil( I made use of rice bran oil)
- 30 g eco-friendly onion( sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
SAUCE (BLEND THESE WITH EACH OTHER IN A PORTABLE MIXER OR FOOD MILL)
- 100 g red apple( e.g. imperial gala) or nashi pear
- 50 g brownish onion
- 3 Tablespoon gochujang( Oriental chilli paste)
- 3 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoon honey( or brownish sugar)
- 2 Tablespoon gochugaru( Oriental chilli flakes)
- 2 Tablespoon rice red wine( mirin)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
RICE BOWL OFFERING TIPS
- Fit to be tied rice( for 4 individuals)
- 1 English cucumber( very finely cut)
- 10 leaves Lettuce( very finely cut)
- 10 leaves Oriental perilla( very finely cut)
- 4 tsp Oriental spicy dipping sauce( for 4 individuals, concerning 1 tsp each)
Marinade the meat in the sauce for a minimum of half an hour.
In a well-heated frying pan or frying pan prepare the marinaded meat over medium-high warmth up until the meat has to do with 70% prepared (concerning 7 to 10 minutes). Include the onion as well as chef additionally up until the meat is totally prepared. Garnish with eco-friendly onion as well as sesame seeds. Offer the meat with fit to be tied rice, fresh lettuce, as well as Oriental spicy dipping sauce.
Nourishment Details (per offering)
The nourishment info revealed is a price quote given by an on-line nourishment calculator. It needs to not be thought about a replacement for a specialist nutritional expert’s guidance.