Sharing is caring!
Filling, scrumptious, and sinfully straightforward to make, these Crock Pot Chicken Wraps are destined to develop into one in every of your favourite weeknight or weekend meals.
one in every of the benefits of sluggish cookers is that they normally require minimal effort (so long as you bear in mind to begin them in the morning!), which is nice for these busy days the place you understand how to cook dinner dinner will likely be a wrestle.
utilizing the crock pot makes this the best hen burrito recipe ever!
The very best factor about this Chicken Tortilla Wrap recipe is that it may be an entire meal by itself, or you possibly can customise it to your style/warmth preferences utilizing varied toppings.
it is simple to please even the choosy eater at the desk if you’ve acquired a burrito filling as scrumptious as this.
what substances are in crock pot hen wraps?
To make these tasty Crock Pot Chicken Burritos, you will want the following substances (most of which you most likely have available in your pantry!):
- hen breasts – I normally use frozen hen breasts in these wraps, which makes this recipe even simpler! i like having the ability to use frozen hen in the crock pot.
- rotel: delicate or unique, relying on how spicy you like.
- Corn: I usually use canned corn, however frozen or recent works simply as properly. the corn provides a little bit of coloration, taste, and crunch.
- black beans: further filling and additional protein; the black beans actually assist elevate this shredded hen burrito.
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese offers the good creamy texture and wealthy taste to your hen burrito.
- Ranch Dressing: A bundle from the grocery retailer will do, or use 3 tablespoons of our Ranch Seasoning recipe (made with fundamental pantry spices!).
- Cumin – A typical ingredient present in Mexican-impressed dishes, cumin provides a number of depth of taste!
- Onion Powder – Onion powder provides you all the nice taste of onions with out the bits of onion or further liquid they supply.
- chili powder – one other nice seasoning that may improve the taste of your tortilla filling recipe.
- flour tortillas – you possibly can’t have a hen tortilla with out the tortillas!
- non-compulsory toppings: our favorites are cheese, bitter cream, and avocado. different concepts embrace salsa, cilantro, enchilada sauce, jalapenos, bell peppers, and onions.
learn how to make crock pot hen wraps?
After you have all the substances you will want for this recipe, the relaxation is as straightforward because it will get! minimal prep work, virtually zero palms on palms, and scrumptious outcomes which might be positive to please the entire household:
- place the hen, beans, corn, rotel, and seasonings in the pot of your sluggish cooker.
- put the crock pot on low warmth for six hours.
- shred hen breasts.
- Stir shredded hen again into crock pot.
- Serve on tortillas and prime along with your favourite toppings!
- Place filling and toppings in middle of tortilla. this will likely be a lot simpler in case you are utilizing a big tortilla. Smaller tortillas imply smaller wrappers and fewer filling.
- fold the backside flap of the tortilla (closest to you) in half. attempt to cowl all the filling and tuck the fringe of the tortilla below it.
- fold the two edges in towards the middle and, whereas holding them in place, roll the tortilla round the relaxation. the remainder of the tortilla ought to assist hold the folded sides in place.
does it get less complicated? dump, drop, shred, serve! I like sluggish cooker hen burritos!
learn how to fold a hen wrap?
this actually relies upon a bit in your preferences. at our home, we’ve got youngsters who prefer to eat their wraps taco type, one other one that should have the wrap completely folded and never leaking , and one other who prefers to eat all the pieces on the aspect, together with the tortilla!
There actually is not a incorrect strategy to fold these tortilla wraps, however I may help you with the commonest strategy to fold a burrito/wrap:
That is what it is all about! in case your wrap is on the fuller aspect, you possibly can strive folding the edges in first, though it is a bit harder to maintain it in place whereas rolling the relaxation if you do it that approach.
what to serve with hen wraps?
There are such a lot of nice issues you possibly can serve with these tortilla wraps. a part of what makes this the greatest hen burrito recipe is how straightforward it’s to customise utilizing completely different toppings and sides.
some advisable extra fillings or toppings are:
- bitter cream
- avocado or guacamole
- grilled/sautéed vegetable strips (mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion slices are nice!)
- enchilada sauce (for lined or dipped burritos)
- cilantro lime dressing
- sausage dip
- Mexican rice recipe
- esquites recipe
- rice aspect dishes
- black bean and corn salsa
- summer time fruit salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Cubes
- straightforward twice baked potato recipe
- baked macaroni and cheese
- spiral pasta
- do-it-yourself crescent rolls
- Bacon and Inexperienced Bean Casserole
- carrots au gratin
straightforward sides to serve with these hen wraps:
can hen wraps be frozen?
though I do not advocate freezing the hen roll-ups as soon as they’re cooked and assembled, this makes an excellent frozen make-forward meal!
all it’s essential to do is place the hen, black beans, corn, rotel, spices, and seasonings in a gallon-sized freezer bag (don’t add the cream cheese but).
retailer all mixed substances in the freezer for as much as 3 months. if you’re able to cook dinner, pour the contents of the bag into the sluggish cooker, add the cream cheese, and hold going! the typical directions above!
it is that fast and simple to have a scrumptious frozen meal with virtually zero prep work!
I am positive this scrumptious, flavorful, and uplifting meal g will develop into a favourite in your loved ones, simply because it has in ours! I like how straightforward it’s to organize and serve, however most of all how scrumptious the outcomes are! You possibly can’t go incorrect with these Crock Pot Chicken Tortillas!
Initially posted: Jan 27, 2014
photographs and photographs textual content up to date: October 14, 2021
sharing is caring!