This sluggish cooker pork stew is loaded with pork and greens. cooks into a flavorful broth within the sluggish cooker to make a simple meal.
Slow Cooker Pork Stew Recipe:
Should you’re trying to change up your traditional stew recipe, make a sluggish-cooked pork stew recipe. it’s loaded with diced pork and many greens. the hen broth that’s added actually enhances the flavour.
This sluggish cooker pork stew recipe is straightforward to make. The crock pot cooks the pork and tender greens, making it wealthy and flavorful. we love that this stew is hearty sufficient served plain or add some bread to absorb the broth.
When the cooler climate rolls round, I am positive to have sluggish cooker pork stew ready for us after a busy day. it has change into a household favourite consolation meals.
which lower of pork is greatest to stew?
After we make this stew, we often make the pork shoulder. this stew cooks up tender pork within the sluggish cooker and comes out bursting with taste.
You may simply use different cuts of pork. different choices to strive are pork chops, tenderloin, or pork ribs. Cube the pork chops and add them to this flavorful stew.
- pork shoulder, lower into 2-inch items
- all goal flour
- purple potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- celery stalks, chopped
- white onion, peeled and chopped
- frozen peas
- minced garlic
- bay leaves
- purple wine
- crushed tomatoes (14 oz can)
- tomato paste
- Italian seasoning
- hen broth
- Coat Pork in Flour: Place diced pork, flour, salt, and pepper in a giant zip-high bag. stamp and sake to utterly coat the pork with the flour combination.
- brown pork – then warmth the oil in a giant skillet over medium-excessive warmth. add pork and cook dinner till pork is golden brown on all sides. as soon as cooked, add the pork to a sluggish cooker.
- add purple wine to pan – then add purple wine to pan and use to deglaze backside of pan. then pour the purple wine combination into the sluggish cooker as effectively.
- Combine Elements: Add remaining substances, besides cornstarch and peas, to sluggish cooker.
- Prepare dinner Braised Pork – Cowl and simmer for six-8 hours till pork is cooked by means of and greens are tender. take away bay leaves from sluggish cooker. cooking time will differ.
- thicken broth – then combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons chilly water in a small bowl. Stir this combination and the peas into the crock pot. cowl and simmer for 30-45 minutes till the stew has thickened and the peas are cooked by means of.
- take pleasure in – serve sizzling then take pleasure in!
- stew inventory – the cornstarch combination thickens the stew. for those who favor a thinner stew, don’t add the cornstarch combination to the crock pot.
- Maintain Slow Cooker Closed: To keep up warmth and cook dinner substances evenly, hold lid closed.
- swap the pork – you possibly can simply use any sort of pork on this recipe. I used a pork shoulder, however you may as well use pork stew, pork tenderloin, or a pork tenderloin.
- Change the meat: Should you favor to not use pork, you should utilize floor beef, hen, or lamb.
- Add beans: For a good heartier stew, add some beans. we suggest pinto, black beans or no matter you’ve on hand.
- mashed potatoes
- inexperienced salad
- Crock Pot Floor Beef Stew
- Crock Pot Stew Recipe for the Poor
- Slow Cooker Inexperienced Chile Stew
- Crockpot Candy Potato Stew
make pork stew within the crock pot:
Suggestions for Crock Pot Braised Pork:
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days within the fridge. this stew is wonderful the following day because the flavors marinate collectively in a single day.
You may even freeze leftover stew. place in a freezer-protected container and freeze for as much as 4 months. to reheat, permit the frozen stew to thaw in a single day, then reheat on the stovetop.
Crockpot Pork Stew Variations:
what to serve with pork stew:
Since this stew has every thing it’s essential serve a full meal, I wish to hold the facet dishes gentle and straightforward. these are a few of my favourites: