Roasted Cauliflower Recipe – Love and Lemons
This oven-roasted cauliflower has crispy, golden edges and a deliciously nutty taste. you will need to gobble it up proper off the baking sheet!
how you can roast cauliflower
To make this roasted cauliflower recipe, you’ll solely want 4 components: olive oil, salt, pepper, and a head of cauliflower.
- Begin by preheating the oven to 425°F. Do not drop the oven temperature any decrease right here—a scorching oven helps the florets brown and caramelize as they cook dinner.
- Subsequent, break the cauliflower into chunk-sized florets. I like to interrupt mine up with my palms as an alternative of chopping it with a knife. I get extra stunning florets this fashion!
- Subsequent, season the cauliflower. Toss the cauliflower florets with loads of olive oil, salt and pepper. do not skimp on them! a beneficiant drizzle of olive oil and a giant pinch of salt are essential to creating actually flavorful roasted cauliflower.
- so, bake! Unfold the florets in a fair layer on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, leaving just a little area round every. roast for 25 to 35 minutes, or till florets are simply tender and golden brown across the edges.
- Lastly, season to style with salt and pepper. Get pleasure from roasted cauliflower proper out of the pan, serve it as a aspect dish, or add it to salads, cereal bowls, pastas, and extra .
- Use convection bake when you’ve got it. In case your oven has a convection setting, now could be the time to make use of it! Much like an air fryer, a convection oven always circulates air. this helps the cauliflower brown fantastically and cook dinner rapidly. in a convection oven, it might be prepared in as little as 20 minutes, so begin checking early!
- Go away some area between the florets. If they’re too tight, they are going to steam and soften within the oven as an alternative of browning and crisp across the edges. if you happen to want extra space, use two baking sheets.
- Break the florets into related sizes. That means they are going to cook dinner evenly. You do not need the small florets to burn earlier than the bigger ones are tender!
- Do not throw away the middle and greens. Do not waste, do not need to, proper? reduce the core into small items and roast together with the florets, make into cauliflower rice, or boil and mix right into a creamy sauce or soup! in case your cauliflower has good greens connected to it, you’ll be able to cook dinner these too. toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast on a separate baking sheet till the sheets are flippantly browned and crisp.
- Combine with lemon zest and contemporary herbs corresponding to chopped parsley, contemporary thyme, or chopped rosemary.
- in the previous couple of minutes of baking, take away the cauliflower from the oven and sprinkle with grated Parmesan and minced garlic. bake about 2 extra minutes, till cauliflower is crisp and cheese is melted.
- sprinkle the baked florets generously with vegan Parmesan.
- Give it some taste! When the cauliflower is simply out of the oven, toss it along with your favourite spices whereas it is nonetheless scorching. I like mine with chili powder, curry powder, or za’atar.
- or add a sauce. drizzle roasted cauliflower with pesto, romesco sauce, tahini sauce, chipotle honey French dressing, or chipotle ranch dressing. common chipotle salsa can be nice too!
- acorn squash
- Brussels sprouts
- butternut squash
- delicate pumpkin
- spaghetti squash
- candy potatoes
roasted cauliflower recipe suggestions
serving ideas for roasted cauliflower
Barely crisp and golden across the edges, oven-roasted cauliflower makes a unbelievable addition to salads, pastas, tacos, and cereal bowls. it additionally makes a scrumptious aspect dish by itself! serve plain, with sea salt and black pepper, or strive one in every of these variations for a enjoyable twist:
How do you wish to serve roasted cauliflower? let me know within the feedback!
extra roasted vegetable recipes
Should you love this oven roasted cauliflower recipe, strive roasting one in every of these greens under: