Sauteed Cauliflower pairs completely with pine nuts and Parmesan cheese on this easy-to-make vegetable dish. function a aspect dish or eat alone for a lightweight however filling meal.
Everyone knows how necessary it’s to eat our greens, nevertheless it’s straightforward to get bored with the identical previous boring recipes for steamed carrots and spinach. that is why i made a decision to give you a greater option to keep nourished. it includes including Parmesan cheese, toasted pine nuts, and slightly panko for crunch to one among my favourite kinds of cabbage. sure, you learn that proper: cauliflower belongs to the cabbage household!
I digress. I’ve been identified to experiment with this vegetable up to now, corresponding to in my latest recipe for Grilled Cauliflower Steaks or including to a hearty stir-fry. oh, and in order for you a selfmade chimichurri recipe, you’ll find mine right here.
I like to stir-fry greens and this recipe isn’t any completely different. comes collectively in about half-hour for a straightforward weeknight aspect or foremost dish.
ingredient notes and substitutions
- cauliflower – the star (and base) of this meal. you will want to chop it into florets earlier than you begin cooking.
- pine nuts: I really like pine nuts, and I really like them much more toasted. the roasting course of actually brings out its nutty taste.
- panko breadcrumbs: so as to add some crunch to this stir-fried cauliflower recipe.
- Parmesan cheese – the cheese pairs splendidly with pine nuts. Plus, the Parmesan brings out the pure nutty taste present in my favourite cruciferous vegetable.
- Olive Oil and Butter: You’ll use olive oil and butter for cooking on this recipe. go for further virgin olive oil for a lighter taste.
- cilantro chimichurri – non-obligatory, however I like to recommend you attempt serving the sautéed cauliflower with a drizzle of selfmade chimichurri sauce. It is scrumptious and contemporary and provides a pleasant distinction to the opposite substances!
methods to make sautéed cauliflower
- toast: half 1. toast the pine nuts in a big skillet over medium warmth till golden brown, about 2 minutes. you should definitely stir usually to stop burning! season with salt and put aside in a bowl.
- toast: half 2. Warmth the olive oil in the identical skillet and add your panko breadcrumbs. stir over medium warmth and toast till the breadcrumbs are golden brown. add them to the bowl with the pine nuts.
- pan roast. Soften butter in pan and add florets. brown over medium warmth for about 10 minutes, ensuring to stir usually. season with salt to your choice.
- prepare dinner over low warmth. Add water to saucepan, cowl, and prepare dinner 5 minutes over low warmth; this causes the florets to steam shortly. then, take away the lid and simmer till all of the water has evaporated.
- ornament & serve. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and toasted substances over skillet. drizzle all the things with chimichurri sauce (non-obligatory; be happy to omit when you do not like cilantro) and serve instantly.
does cauliflower should be boiled earlier than cooking?
This non-starchy vegetable may be ready in a number of other ways. In style strategies embody boiling, sautéing, steaming, and sautéing; some even prepare dinner their very own within the microwave. All of those strategies have their deserves, it actually simply is dependent upon the recipe you are working with. watch out: issues can get mushy shortly when you prepare dinner for too lengthy.
for this sautéed cauliflower recipe, you need not boil it earlier than grilling.
how lengthy does cauliflower final within the fridge?
a contemporary, uncut head will final 4-7 days within the fridge, whereas washed and trimmed florets will final about 4 days.
As soon as cooked, leftovers saved in an hermetic container ought to maintain 3-5 days within the fridge.
are you able to freeze cauliflower?
You may keep away from meals waste by freezing your greens. This can be a nice choice in case your native grocery store or farmer has an excellent sale and also you need to top off. You may freeze uncooked greens, however the taste, texture, and even dietary worth will deteriorate over time.
To forestall this from occurring, at all times blanch greens earlier than freezing. to make it, boil for about 2 minutes earlier than immersing them in an ice bathtub instantly. drain, dry, and place within the freezer (in an hermetic container or bag) the place they are going to maintain for as much as 6 months.
what is the black stuff on cauliflower?
For those who discover black or brown spots beginning to seem in your merchandise, there is not any should be alarmed. this discoloration is brought on by oxidation. oxidation is a course of that happens when meals is uncovered to gentle and air. the longer you retailer greens earlier than cooking, the extra spots will seem. you possibly can stop this by making this cauliflower stir fry recipe sooner slightly than later.