Slow Cooker Osso Buco – Don’t Waste The Crumbs
A scrumptious and tender sluggish cooker osso buco recipe that makes your mouth water. it is tremendous easy to make with straightforward to search out substances. use any meat you will have readily available: conventional beef shank, pork, or veal. take pleasure in it with mashed potatoes, rice or noodles!
lately, throughout certainly one of our lively weekends on the crumb farm, I needed to deal with my household to one thing actually good: a sluggish cooker casserole. I needed it to look fancy (like the type you get at an costly Italian restaurant) however very straightforward for me to do.
enter the sluggish cooker osso buco (additionally generally spelled osso bucco and ossobuco – all of them look the identical to me!)
This excellent sluggish cooker osso buco recipe is so easy that it makes use of the identical substances as minestrone soup (utilizing beef broth as a substitute of rooster).
historically, osso buco is made with veal, however I had beef shank readily available (so by no means thoughts spending $14.99 a pound for veal so long as you will have beef or pork at residence). use what you will have!
Beef shank labored nice on this dish: what you may get is tender beef, carrots, celery, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and herbs in a wealthy, scrumptious sauce. Plus, you get to benefit from the wholesome, hearty bone marrow that is sluggish-cooked within the sauce. yum!
belief me, your loved ones might be begging for sluggish cooker osso buco for lunch the subsequent day!
substances for the simple osso buco recipe
- olive oil
- beef (or pork or veal) shank
- floor black pepper
- carrots (combine and match veggies, something you will have readily available works!)
- tomato paste (freeze forward of time)
- crushed tomatoes
- beef broth
- recent rosemary
- recent thyme
- chopped recent parsley, non-compulsory for garnish
- use conventional beef, pork or veal shank for this recipe, no matter meat you will have readily available.
- no carrots? no drawback. Any greens you will have readily available, inexperienced peppers for instance, additionally pair nicely with onions, tomatoes, and celery.
- For those who’re brief on time, you’ll be able to all the time skip the searing step and go straight to the sluggish cooker. In fact, the searing step deepens the flavour and locks within the juices, but it surely’s not a deal breaker if it’s essential skip this step. your dish will nonetheless be scrumptious!
- completely tender sluggish cooker ribs
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- beef stroganoff
- balsamic roast beef
- sluggish cooker rooster shawarma
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
- Basic Slow Cooker Roast
see recipe card beneath for full ingredient measurements
methods to make italian osso buco
Step 1. Warmth olive oil in a medium skillet (I really like my forged iron skillet) over medium-excessive warmth. Season beef (or pork, or beef) legs with salt and sear on all 4 sides till nicely browned however not cooked by way of. no time to brown? see the recipe notes for a tip!
step 2. place the seared beef thighs (or pork or veal) within the sluggish cooker.
Step 3. Add the carrots, onion, celery, garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, black pepper, rosemary, and thyme. combine by stirring.
step 4. Cowl sluggish cooker and set on excessive for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. as soon as cooked and able to serve, discard the sprigs of thyme and rosemary.
notice: if desired, garnish with chopped recent parsley earlier than serving.
sluggish cooker osso bucco recipe notes
what to serve the osso buco with?
attempt serving the osso buco with mashed potatoes, on the spot rice, or any noodle of your alternative!
Slow Cooker Osso Buco FAQ
less difficult sluggish cooker recipes
share with somebody who would possibly like this…