Allow’s make some tasty Korean plum tea. It’s a revitalizing fruity beverage that can be made in 1 min!
Today I’m presenting among one of the most preferred Korean teas– Maesil Cha (매실차). It is a fruit based tea, as well as its generally well-known English name is plum tea. Nevertheless, I lately discovered that the fruit made use of in Maesil Cha is really not a plum. Rather, it is a Japanese apricot yet stemmed from China.
All of it seems also complex, best? (You can discover more regarding Japanese apricot from below as well as below.) So in recap, Maesil Cha = Korean plum tea = Japanese apricot tea.
You may be questioning what this Maesil Cha is everything about now?
Basically, this tea is made by weakening the focused syrup (photo listed below) of Korean eco-friendly plums (Cheong Maesil, 청매실).
It can be blended with either warm or chilly water according to your choice and/or periods. I directly like making Maesil cha with icy chilly water. Its wonderful as well as slightly tasty flavour are really rejuvenating as well as simply excellent for warm summertime climate.
So just how would certainly I make this focused syrup (essence) of Korean eco-friendly plums?
My basic solution is, it can be done by seasoning Korean eco-friendly plums with honey or sugar for regarding 2 months.
Yet genuinely talking, I can not make this syrup despite the fact that I actually wish to as I can not obtain the fresh eco-friendly plums in Australia. I have not seen them anywhere yet.
Fortunately, when among my family members visitors remained with us lately, she brought a container of Korean plum essence from Korea. (This container is likewise something I can not purchase from a Korean food store below too.)
If you can obtain fresh eco-friendly plums (also known as Japanese apricots) where you live, you can quickly make the plum essence on your own. I discovered this trustworthy looking dish for you because I do not assume I have the ability to share my dish for a very long time now.
Please likewise keep in mind that completion of June as well as July is eco-friendly plum harvest period in Korea, so every Korean home obtains active making jam, essence, alcohol as well as pickles making use of these plums throughout this time around.
So if you remain in Korea or you have accessibility to fresh eco-friendly plums throughout this time around, do not neglect to get involved. I’ll be really envious of you.
If you wish to discover more regarding this Korean plum essence as well as just how it can be made use of in various other Korean food preparation, please inspect this blog post– What is Korean Plum Remove?
Anyhow, I wish you reach attempt Maesil Cha quickly!
Active Ingredients for Korean plum tea (1 offering)
- 2 Tablespoon Korean Plum Remove
- 3 routine sized ice
- 1/2 mug filteringed system water
* 1 Tablespoon = 15 ml, 1 Mug = 250 ml
Just How to Make Korean Plum Tea
- Include the ice as well as the plum essence right into a glass mug after that put the water. Mix gently with a spoon prior to you consume it. Appreciate!
- The over dish is based upon a specific brand name of Korean Plum Remove. So if you’re making use of various other plum essence kinds or brand names consisting of a homemade variation, the outcome will certainly be various. Readjust the proportion of active ingredients according to your choice.
- I constantly had actually selected the above plum essence as it’s one of the most popular brand name in Korea as well as I likewise consider it as a costs tag. I discover that it has a little more powerful preference as well as scent as well as thicker fluid than various other brand names as well as I like it as a result of that. It really feels much more real to me.
Advantages of Korean Plum Tea (Maesil Cha)
Why is this Maesil Cha preferred in Korea? It not just tastes tasty yet it is likewise recognized for its medical advantages amongst Koreans. It’s recognized to:-
- Help in getting over exhaustion as well as boosting the hunger
- Assists with cleansing the body
- Assists with food digestion
- Eliminate signs and symptoms of gastrointestinal disorder as well as diarrhea
( Please note– Please note that this is planned for your info just. It’s not clinical, wellness or nutritional suggestions. Please look for ideal specialist suggestions if you have any type of issues or inquiries regarding the advantages of Maesil Cha.)
Korean Plum Tea (Maesil Cha)
- 2 TablespoonKorean plum essence
- 3 routine sized ice
- 1/2 mug filtered water
Include the ice as well as the plum essence right into a glass mug after that put the water. Mix gently with a spoon prior to you consume it. Appreciate!
Nourishment Information (per offering)
The nourishment info revealed is a price quote offered by an on the internet nourishment calculator. It must not be thought about a replacement for an expert nutritional expert’s suggestions.