Super very easy Oriental mochi– chapssaltteok dish!
Chapssaltteok (찹쌀떡) is an Oriental variation of Japanese mochi rice cake– daifuku.
It is a prominent Oriental treat as well as treat specifically throughout cold weather. Likewise, it is a prominent present to provide to the exam-taker (e.g. college entryway examination). It represents desiring best of luck for the examination.
Chapssaltteok dough is made with glutinous rice, so it has a soft as well as crunchy structure. As well as, within is full of pleasant red bean paste, so it’s called red bean mochi.
As for I recognize, chapssaltteok stemmed from Japan. So if you ask me what’s the distinction in between chapssaltteok as well as daifuku mochi, I would certainly claim possibly the method in preparing active ingredients. (In my mind, the Japanese variation appeared much more gently prepared. Simply stating. LOL) Yet I think they taste virtually the very same otherwise the very same.
Typically mochi/ glutinous rice cake is steamed over the stovetop up until the rice flour transforms transparent after that it is battered with mortar as well as pestle to provide it added crunchy as well as lively structure.
Yet because I’m a time bad mom, I utilized my microwave to accelerate the procedure. Likewise, I made use of shop purchased red bean paste rather than making it from square one.
Undoubtedly, it is incredibly fast as well as very easy to make! All under 30 minutes! (Yet I will certainly guarantee you that I will certainly share a homemade variation of pleasant red bean paste in the future. I currently have it someplace right here, however it requires to be improved. )
Hope you provide this a shot quickly as well as take pleasure in!
P.S. If you like mochi, you could additionally such as to attempt my mochi donuts also.
P.P.S. This may be the initial blog post where I’m not sharing my typical detailed images. Yet rather, I made a decision to share a video clip demo. So do not miss it if you require an aesthetic help!
Exactly How to Make Chapssaltteok (Video Clip Demonstration, 2 minutes)
- To make well textured mochi/ chapssaltteok, it’s truly crucial to massage therapy the dough well (action 2 from the dish card listed below). So do not avoid it or slack off at it!
- Laundry your hands frequently in between the actions. It’s simpler to take care of the dough when you do not have actually anything gluey stuck on your hands, specifically when you’re simply splitting the dough or packing the dough.
Exactly How to Shop Chapssaltteok or Daifuku Mochi
- Any kind of extra part can be saved in the refrigerator for a day or 2. Or can be iced up for a month.
- If cold, independently cover the mochi with stick cover as well as placed them right into a ziplock bag after that freeze. For offering, thaw the mochi regarding 60 mins at area temperature level before consume.
- If the mochi shows up completely dry or hard (generally after being saved in the refrigerator), cozy it in a microwave briefly (10 to 15 secs). It will certainly transform soft once again as if it was fresh made.
Love Korean food? Search my various other very easy Oriental dishes from this dish index. As well as register for my e-newsletter as well as adhere to along on Facebook, Pinterest as well as Instagram for every one of the most recent updates.
Chapssaltteok (Red Bean Mochi)
- 3/4 mug pleasant rice flour/ mochiko/ glutinous rice flour (100g/ 3.5 ounces)
- 1/4 mug castor sugar( 60g/ 2.1 ounces)
- A pinch great sea salt
- 1/2 mug water( 120g/ 4.2 ounces)
- 3/4 mug sweetened red bean paste( 180g/ 6.3 ounces), formed right into 6 rounds
- 3 Tablespoon corn starch or potato starch (25g/ 0.9 ounces)
– Incorporate the pleasant rice flour, sugar as well as salt in a microwave risk-free blending dish. Blend it well. Include the water as well as blend them well.– Cover the dish with stick cover leaving a little space for vapor to leave. Place the dish right into a microwave as well as warmth it up for regarding 1 minutes (based upon 1250W).– Take the dish out as well as mix the blend around with a wood spoon or spatula.– Return the dish, covered once again, right into the microwave as well as warmth it up for an additional 1 minutes. (The food preparation time can differ relying on your microwave. If the preferred uniformity is not yet attained, prepare it for a little much longer.)– Eliminate the dish from the microwave.
With a wood spoon/spatula, mix as well as massage therapy around the rice cake blend up until it cools sufficient to touch (regarding 5 minutes).
Gently spread the corn starch on the board. (This is for anti-sticking objective.) Thoroughly eliminate the mochi blend from the dish as well as area it on the board. Knead it to one lengthy dough while spreading the corn starch over it. After that, utilizing a scrape, separate the dough right into 6 items.
Carefully squash as well as open the dough on your hand (big adequate to fit a round of red bean paste) after that position the red bean paste sphere between. Seal the rice cake by collecting the edges of the dough. Roll the mochi around on the corn starch as well as area it in a non reusable baking mug encountering the collected factor down. Repeat this action with the staying active ingredients.
Offer at area temperature level.
Nourishment Details (per offering)
The nourishment info revealed is a quote supplied by an on-line nourishment calculator. It must not be taken into consideration an alternative to an expert nutritional expert’s recommendations.